Friday, April 27, 2018

Who Doesn't Love Photography?!

The Blue Dragonfly is extremely grateful to Mr. Dennis Hubbs for allowing us to display his wonderful photographs in our store! Some are framed, all are matted, and are absolutely stunning! Come on in and check out his work! 

Writer/Photographer
Dennis A. Hubbs
Bloomfield, CT. 
Since I was 14 and “inherited” my parent’s Kodak Pony 35mm film camera, I’ve been taking photographs, beginning with slides (remember those?). Back then you really had to guess at how to set the camera to get decent results…and you never knew how the final product would come out until you picked up the order. At first, I‘d take shots of friends (mostly the girls of course!) but eventually I got into landscapes. A photography course while in college gave me the opportunity to use a 35mm SLR (single lens reflex) and opened up a whole new world of experimentation. Working for the Audio-Visual Department at Manchester Community College, I had access to a Pentax manual 35mm camera and loved it…and almost 50 years later, I shoot with a digital Pentax. I never thought I’d see the day when digital photography basically eliminated film! Now, most of Hollywood shoots their projects with high-definition, digital cameras…

My primary passion nowadays remains that of photographing landscapes. Semi-retired, but still owning a Bloomfield, CT based travel agency with my wife Donna, I continue to have the opportunity to travel and record beautiful landscapes across the US and on occasion, overseas. I also write and photograph for the Town of Bloomfield and the Bloomfield Messenger  - our weekly newspaper.

"Images by Dennis"
One of three volumes of photos published by
Dennis Hubbs and available at
www.blurb.com 
I have been able to publish three volumes of my images over the past few years – the most ambitious being “Images by Dennis, Volume 3 – Bloomfield, Connecticut in Photographs.” It is a coffee-table style collection of over 100 images of historical buildings, sites and scenic landscapes in town. As a member of both the Wintonbury Historical Society and the Wintonbury Land Trust, I was keenly aware of the rich history of Bloomfield and felt it necessary to preserve as much of it as possible in a book of photographs.

A number of my landscapes, as well as images of many historical homes in Windsor, CT, are available at the Blue Dragonfly, in matted form and framed. All three volumes of “Images by Dennis” can be previewed by searching “Dennis Hubbs” at www.blurb.com. I’d love to have you stop by the shop and have a look at what’s available!

Along with my photographs, there are so many unique items in stock that you’ll be glad you did!

- Dennis Hubbs, Bloomfield, CT. 


         

No comments:

Post a Comment