Tuesday, March 20, 2018

GUEST BLOGGER ALERT!!!


The Blue Dragonfly is proud and honored that some local artists have chosen our store as a location to display and sell their work!  This week, we will feature, Sally McMahon, "Sally O'Sews" a local seamstress who creates many wonderful products for us! We are always impressed with the designs, patterns, and creativity of Sally's work! 

A few years ago, my daughter Sarah told me about a new gift shop opening in Windsor. She had stopped in a month or so before the grand opening of the Blue Dragonfly. She told me she thought I might be able to sell some of the table linens and kitchen items I had been making as gifts and for the Windsor Houses of Worship Craft Fair. Sarah was particularly excited to tell me that the shop had a purpose – to provide jobs for disabled adults – and that the shop advertised that they were particularly eager to feature the work of local artisans.
The following week, I met with Susan and Sheila, who told me more about the shop and their vision. I was so impressed with the shop's purpose and thrilled when they said they would be happy to add my creations to their inventory. I had long wanted to be able to put my sewing skills to use for the benefit of others, and here was a shop that would do just that!
My products at The Blue Dragonfly have included table runners, placemats, wall hangings, decorative pillows, and microwaveable bowl cozies. I love to cut up fabric and put it back together! My sewing room is truly my "happy place."
As I shared with Susan and Sheila at our first meeting, all the proceeds from my products go to Praise, Power, & Prayer Christian School in Windsor, where my husband Ray serves as Principal and Pastor. I am delighted to have been able to partner with The Blue Dragonfly to share in their success and hope to continue our relationship for years to come!
- Sally McMahon ("Sally O'Sews")

1 comment:

  1. We love your products that you create, absolutely beautiful~ Thanks for being part of our family Sally, my favorite and also the customers are the bowl cozies, everyone should have one of these.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete