Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Our Assistant Store Manager....





Sue and Frank
The Blue Dragonfly is so lucky to have Ms. Susan DeVito as an Assistant Store Manager with so much experience in the field of Special Education! She is giving of herself, showers our guys with love and compassion, and always brings positivity to work! Let's take a minute to meet Susan!
Chaz, Sue's Son
Song writer & Sound Engineer


Susan DeVito grew up in Windsor with her parents, got married and raised her two children, Chaz and Carly, here in town. She is married to a wonderful man, Frank, who assists in the store at almost every hosted event! (We love Frank!)  She feels happiest when she is, "home with her 3 cats, dancing in the kitchen, cooking, playing the piano, walking the beach, sharing stories and laughing with her 93 year old father." Sue and Frank have 3 rescue cats whom they adore. They enjoy winter trips to the beach as well as enjoying a casual evening out. 

Sue's daughter, Carly
and Frank, Sue's Dad

Susan was a Special Education Teacher for 32 years. She spent years counseling families of children and young adults with special needs.  After retiring from teaching, she provided in home supports for families with children who were intellectually disabled.  Sue says she enjoys giving of herself and her time to individuals with special needs, which is why she enjoys working at the Blue Dragonfly so much.  Sue has, "developed a new level of confidence and enjoys going to work...even on Saturdays!"

Otis and Mr. B
Sue mentioned her love of the 'family' of people that work for the Blue Dragonfly. She says, "it warms my heart to see our individuals happy and laughing." She loves seeing them learn new skills and expressively feel proud of themselves. "I love seeing my co-workers during our social activities after work. Seeing them dancing, laughing, and singing karaoke is priceless. I love everyone I have met since December 2015, when I started working for the Blue Dragonfly." Sue loves being with people, whether customers at the store, the individuals who work here, or the job coaches! "Each day brings something new, and I think that is my favorite part."
Sue, post chemo

Sue was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011. After months of chemo, radiation treatments, she has survived the 5 year limit. Blood tests now show Sue as cancer free! Sue says, "I am proud to be a cancer survivor! It was a life changing experience. After watching my mother die from breast and bone cancer, it made me appreciate every single moment of my life." It made Sue stronger, not only physically, but emotionally. She found something to laugh about every day during that trying time, and looked to Frank, her kids, her dad, and the rest of her family for support. Frank notes that, "Sue is my hero!"
The Blue Dragonfly is lucky to have Sue! She brings many new ideas to the table and is always jumping in to help!  









2 comments:

  1. I have known Sue for 50 years and I could not be happier that she works with me at The Blue Dragonfly. She is a perfect fit as she is kind, funny, compassionate and has her master's degree in Special Education, it's a win, win having her here. I hope our adventure together at The Blue Dragonfly continues for a long time.
    We love her husband Frank too, don't know what we would do without him during the holidays, he is a jolly ole soul and gets right into being our Santa~
    Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. I love you too and working together is the best!!

      Delete